Monday, August 04, 2008

14th Month Part 2

The last two weeks have been blogless. I've been trying to recover from my computer crashing on July 21. I was in the middle of creating a cd backup of pictures from the past two months and poof, the computer crashed and wouldn't reboot. Happily, David's cousin, recommended we buy a USB to IDE cable. I was able to remove my hard drive, connect it to this cable, then plug into the USB port on David's computer and back up the pictures and other data before I reformatted my computer. I'm back up and running and have everything important and only miss a few software programs.
Andrew and Ethan have grown noticeably taller this past month. They both weigh 23 pounds and are still very close in height. They're standing with "BOB" in the picture above. It has been a great asset for me. Thanks again to those who helped us purchase it this past Christmas.

There's been a lot of drool this month but no new teeth have appeared. Ethan likes to remove his socks and suck on them. He carried this one around for quite a while.

On Friday, July 18, we visited with the Walter's family. The highlight was eating corn from the garden. Ethan is already a master at eating from the cob. Andrew tends to chew on the cob end.

Occasionally Andrew experiences separation anxiety. Here is the happy picture and the unhappy picture follows. He can be distracted from time to time, like when Papa took him for a wagon ride around the yard. He is a very loving and sweet boy but loses control of himself if he is tired, hungry, or I've been absent too often. I'm learning.
Posted by Picasa